Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 16 February 2015

BIRDS AND FAIRIES



Faeries In My Garden

The Fairy Song
White coral bells
Upon a slender stalk;
Lilies-of-the-Valley
Deck my garden walk.

Oh, don't you wish
That you could
Hear them ring?
That can happen only
When the faeries sing!"

Sharon Lovejoy



I wish I had fairies singing in my garden!

I do have a fairy door and a new little pal to go next to it.


This cute hedgehog was a Christmas present from my daughter J who understands my love of fairies and toadstools.

J has just had an exhibition at Gallery 9 in Darlinghurst, Sydney. Here are a few pictures of her unusual sculptures on show.










This last one is called Gollum and sold on the opening night.

P and I took a drive to picturesque Shellharbour Village.











We stopped for lunch at a kerbside cafe on the main street.



I treated myself to 2 potato scallops.



They were the most delicious scallops I have ever had. Not that I have many. I watch my diet too carefully for that.


We went for a walk along the foreshore and came across this very precocious raven by the swimming pool.


It just sat on the post as we walked by. This type of raven is native to Australia.

Speaking of native birds, the lyrebird has been back at my back door again.......


...and the Catbirds have been picking my unripened mangoes and eating them.



These photos are taken through my lounge room window and not very good, but you get the idea.

I love to see the native birds that come to my garden.

And finally a lovely white toadstool that came up on my footpath.





Interesting sites


1.
 35 beautiful restaurants 

Photo source
There’s nothing like eating a delicious meal with a magnificent view. Here are
Click here to see 35 of the most beautiful places in the world to dine.

2.

36 Random animal facts 

Photo source


Earth is home to about 1 million known animal species, each one representing an ancient tome of biological trivia.
Click here to read 36 interesting and random facts about animals.


3.

 Beautiful wetlands

Photo source
Click here  to see 16 pictures of beautiful wetlands.

2 comments:

  1. I love your toadstool too. Rob & I have enjoyed meals at the pub at Shellharbour Village too on balmy nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little fairy door always makes me smile :) and now with "Pal"! He is so cute

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.