Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 24 April 2015

A BROKEN LEG IN THE FAMILY



You have freedom when you’re easy in your harness. – Robert Frost - See more at: http://www.thebridgemaker.com/3-ways-freedom-rocks/#sthash.b3IncpF5.dpuf

To live is so startling, it leaves but little room for other occupations.
Emily Dickinson, letter

You have freedom when you’re easy in your harness. – Robert Frost - See more at: http://www.thebridgemaker.com/3-ways-freedom-rocks/#sthash.b3IncpF5.dpuf
You have freedom when you’re easy in your harness. – Robert Frost - See more at: http://www.thebridgemaker.com/3-ways-freedom-rocks/#sthash.b3IncpF5.dpuf

It has been a few weeks since my last post. In some ways it has been very eventful and in other ways not so.

Four weeks ago my 83 year old mother fell and broke her leg and her arm. Luckily she is very fit but this has still meant 2 weeks in hospital and constant care after that.

My brother lives in a flat underneath Mum's house and is self employed so has some flexible hours. I am retired so I have been staying at Mum's for the last 2 weeks.

I'm in charge of the cooking. It is strange cooking for 4 every night after only cooking for two for so long. P:-) comes around every night for dinner to join my brother Mum and me. When I last lived at home, close to 40 years ago, I couldn't cook a thing. Now I like to think I am quite proficient.

Today I saw a beautiful cobweb outside Mum's bedroom window - full of insects and raindrops.


Mum has a lovely garden, although the photos below do not do it justice






It is Autumn here on the Eastern Coast of Australia - not a time when the garden is at its best.

It has been raining and windy here for days. My brother took Mum, me and P:-) for a drive to see the big seas. We ate fish and chips in the car as we looked out across the foaming water towards the steelworks.



The time goes very quickly. While P;-) and I see each other every day it has been nice staying with people. I live on my own and, although I have plenty to do and lots of friends, sometimes I do get lonely.

Interesting sites

1.

 Seaweed clad house
Photo credit
This house in Sweden is clad in seaweed. it is based on an old traditional technique. Click here to see more.


2.

7 spectacular spits
Photo credit
 This article is really interesting. It is about the 7 most spectacular spits on earth. Click here to read more.


3.
 Pictures leap off the page
 
Photo credit
 Alessandro Diddi does amazing 3D pictures that seem to leap off the page. Click here to read more.

1 comment:

I love comments so please feel free to comment.