Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Time to Start Blogging Again



Time to start blogging again - to look at the positives in my life and also to keep my friends in Canada up to date with things going on over here. 

My mother recovered from her broken leg. She limps a little bit but is back to her lively self, zooming around the place in her old Mazda.

I have been through some down times and some up times, but as always am enjoying the run up to Christmas.

 I am tutoring for Custom Training Illawarra. in Unanderra. I am absolutely loving it.



I am working mainly with boys in 2nd and 3rd class who have reading problems. Helping kids with reading problems is my passion. I find it fascinating. I also help with a bit of essay writing, creative writing, geography and maths for a range of students in primary school and secondary school

Most of my previous experience with teaching reading had been with students around 15 and 16. I have learnt that teaching reading to 8 and 9 year olds requires a very different approach - a more holistic approach with lots of colouring and gluing.

P and I went for a bike ride along Lake Illawarra yesterday - just from the Berkeley Harbour along to The Yacht Club. It was a beautiful morning. P bought me a new bike. I had started falling off my last one when I stopped. This one is much better. I can step on and off it much easier.






The scenery around the Lake was beautiful.












I really enjoyed the ride,didn't fall off once and I am getting my confidence back again. I had really thought my bike riding days were over, but lovely P bought me the new bike as a surprise.


Interesting sites



1.
Tiny Houses
Photo source
This site has a lot of interesting examples of Tiny Houses.

Click here to read more.


2.
Abandoned places
Photo source

 Some beautiful abandoned places. Click here to see more.


3.
Electricity From Plants.
Photo source

A Dutch company harnesses electricity from living plants, and then uses it to power cell phone chargers, Wi-Fi hotspots, and now over 300 LED streetlights in two sites in the Netherlands. Click here to read more.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to read your blog. Glad your mother is feeling much better. I am gald you are in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy that you have updated your blog! Will be checking back periodically so you better have it updated! D: XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are blogging again Lindy! I have missed it. Good for P buying you a new bike and good for you for getting back on. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Im glad too that you did not fall off . Always love to hear about your good days and your not so good bad days! over here in Canada.
    Glad your in my life as well xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.