Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Saturday 16 January 2016

A FEW PLANS AND CHANGES

The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship.

William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell


 
 
Love this pig R sent me


How quickly the holidays are going!! I haven't done half of the things I'd planned.  Peter and I are booked to go away camping for a few days to Umina Beach from 1st Feb to the 5th Feb. I am looking forward to that.

 On Wednesday, Peter and I drove up to Stanwell Park, so Peter could see his GP. This is quite a distance since Peter lives in Berkeley, but she is very good and very thorough.







 A treat on the way home is stopping at the Gateway near Bulli Pass to have gelato and coffee.



 I always look forward to this. The range of gelato is wonderful.


Peter and I have been bike riding again along the bike track at Towradgi.

 I am still a bit nervous even though I have my new bike. I have only fallen off it once and that was the day I first got it. I really need to be going more often than we do, but life and the weather seem to get in the way.




I have been stocking up for next Christmas. Trees and decorations have been for sale in Woolworths and cheap shops at giveaway prices.



 Now I just have to find somewhere to keep them. I am hoping I will have redecorated my house by then and can really decorate for Christmas. You can see my Christmas Decorating Pinterest board here.




I have finally begun painting my walls, or to be more precise, Peter has started. I am painting walls and trim in off white. I am planning a sort of modern shabby chic style. I plan to paint a lot of the furniture light grey. You can find my Pinterest Decorating board here.

We began painting in the dining room. I put a light tablecloth on the table to cover up the dark glass top and added a few blue glass bits and pieces that have been presents over the years.

I love toadstools and my elder daughter J, gave me some miniature toadstools which I hung on a branch.

 





My younger daughter painted the frog many years ago, and all the frog ornaments were given to me as presents by J and R. Peter likes bananas so I keep a supply on the table.

Jasper, my grand-dog has been enjoying the warm weather at my daughter and son-in-law's place.


 You can see the lettuces growing behind him. If you would like to see more about the establishment of their garden and some of their hobbies go over to Beanstuff.
 
Interesting sites

1.
 Pyramidal cottage in Iceland


Click here to check out this pyramidal cottage in Iceland.



2.
 World's smallest pop-up camper.

Photo source
This is a pop-up camper you can pull with your bike.
Click here to see more. 




3. 

 Wind power in Texas

Photo source
Texas has spent billions developing its renewable power grid, and has built up double the wind generation capacity of any other US state. Click here to read more.

1 comment:

  1. I love your toadstools too though I have never seen them hanging on branches before LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.