Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 1 April 2016

DON'T BE BULLIED BY YOUR OWN THOUGHTS





Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. We beat ourselves up. Often we have an internal dialogue that puts us down - that questions our abilities. I'm no good at anything. Everybody is better than me. I'm stupid. I don't deserve it.

At times we fall into the trap of generalising. I'm no good at anything. Bad things always happen to me. Nothing I do ever works.

Sometimes we catastrophise. We make mountains out of mole hills.We think the worst outcome is going to happen. 

The worst thing is that these thoughts stop us from fulfilling our potential. We become frightened to take risks and try new things. The future can seem negative

Don't be bullied by your own thoughts.

Try being kind to yourself. Look at your good points. Assess your achievements and strengths realistically. Consider the opportunities that you have. Don't compare yourself to everybody else.

It isn't always easy. Sometimes we fall into the habit of being negative about ourselves. It takes practice to start being kind to yourself. Spend the next few days thinking of a new positive attribute about yourself each day. 

And when you are tempted to put yourself down, challenge that negative thought with some positive thinking.





March went very quickly. One of the things I have enjoyed is bike riding 3 or 4 days a week. We go on the bike track by the lake and on the bike track from Towradgi to Bellambi.

Here are some random photos from the past few weeks, taken on our bike rides.


Early morning at Lake Illawarra
My New Bike


Peter and I


Towradgi Beach


The bikes in Peter's van.

Lake Illawarra

Galahs feeding at Towradgi Beach

Bike path at Bellambi

Towradgi Beach late afternoon
To be honest I am quite proud of my bike riding efforts. I began my regular riding very nervously, as I had begun falling off my old bike. But Peter bought me a new one in retro style with a seat closer to the ground. Each week we go a little further along the bike track.





Interesting sites


1.

Modular Houseboat
Photo source
Floatwing is a houseboat.. It's modular design means that it can be produced in a number of different sizes. Click here to read more.


2.
 The Life Pod
Photo source
The Life Pod is a $1500 dome shaped dream house on wheels. Click here to read more.


3.
 Different ways of freezing food
Photo source
There are quite a few alternative containers besides plastic to use to freeze food in.  Click here to read more.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about our thoughts controlling what we think about ourselves. We can be our own worst enemy. If anyone were to say something nice about us, we basically insult them by not believing in their sincerity. I am learning not to be my own worst critic.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.